Moon Gate Info
Moon gates have in China a very special meaning.
Going through a moon gate is entering a different world.
Even nowadays moon gates are very often used
as a gate for a garden.
You are entering a different world – a garden.
Looking through a moon gate to the outside of a
garden, is a look into the world of daily life.
The Chinese Embassy in Berlin you are entering
by a moon gate.
- You are in Germany but you are entering China.
- The laws and rules apply to the Republic of China.
- It needs no explanation, the Chinese know it.
In a city
- Moon gates are separating districts of a city. You leave your home district and enter a foreign district of the city.
- Entering by a moon gate a house or going through moon gate of a wall surrounding the house you are going from the public to the private part.
- It is always a symbolic change, a change you have not to explain, if you know about it.
- Going through a moon gate in mind or real, could be the occasion for transition or to improve something.
- Practising Zhineng Qigong you may handle in the same way, leaving the world around you and entering the world of practice and meditation.